Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012-A New Year-Oh the Possibilities

This morning as I chatted with my hb about the new year he commented that the calendar new year is not that big of a deal. He said nature doesn't start new because it turns January 1st. I agree that nature doesn't start new although usually at this time of year the ground is covered in snow and it is cold and fresh when you head outside. This year however there is minimal snow and it feels like a cold spring dsay out. I like the calender new year and it feels like a perfect opportunity to clean out the old and bring in the new. This year I am starting a weight loss class at the local y. I have wanted to work on this issue I have with eating too much and exercising too little for quite some time so I figured now is a good time to start. The girlies are getting bigger and I need to put a bit of energy back into me.

It seems like being a mother of two young daughters is a full-time plus kind of gig and I really enjoy it much of the time. I also see how easy it is to almost lose a part of yourself that you once had ahold of so tightly. Now I must focus a few moments on this part of myself so I can be an example to myself and my girlies and quite frankly my hb. I am excited to get started. Also nervous as we eat a pretty clean diet with lots of healthy fats and clean food, so counting calories may be a little bit hard for me. I am thinking about ordering the book eat fat lose fat for examples of ways to lose weight without skimping on the fat and good proteins, like eggs and grass fed beef.

My struggle with overweight and eating too much has been a long time one. I used to eat unhealthy foods in unhealthy amounts and now I still struggle with the unhealthy amounts. At one time I was going to overeaters anonymous, trying to figure out how to help myself. I found out that the way to help myself is to learn to control my emotions. I have found this to be a real struggle being home with my girlies and trying to figure out how to be the best moma to them. Of course this internal struggle will not go away with a weight loss class, what I am hoping to find is ways to come to peace. I think my expectations are quite high!

We have been working out two to three times a week since the beginning of October and that has been really great. I am excited for this class because apparently the instructor works on a specific plan for you and helps you to come up with ways to lose weight healthily.I, of course, realize that a six week class will not be the fix to my issues but I think any step up is a step in the right direction.

The other day I was talking to the homeopath about the coming of 2012 and her views on it. She said in paraphrase that anything that has not been beneficial in our lives will become so unbearable that we will be internally bound with a deep desire to change it. This is howi have been feeling for the past month is a deep desire to change some things that are not working for me. One of these is this overweight/overeating issue. There are others too but this one is important in so many ways. I want to be a good example for my girlies, show them how to be healthy emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally. I feel like coming to realizations with this issue will be beneficial in so many ways!

Is there any struggles you have that you are planning to work on as the year begins? Do you have any New Years Resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. I plan to live my life more intentionally. I also want to learn more about essential oils and making more time for reading and making my own toiletry/household products.
    Best wishes to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete