Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekending

Yesterday we went "hiking" and sledding. Hiking involved pulling the girls in the sleds up a very steep hill covered with about a foot of snow for approximately twenty minutes. At that point Bells said Mama can we go home and leave those guys (Alex and Iz) here? :) I took that to be a sign it was time to turn around, thankfully. I am so sore this morning I wasn't sure getting up was a possibility ;). Then after Bells was comfortably seated in the car we decided to make a couple runs on the sledding hill. The first run Alex and Iz wrecked and he flew over the top of her, I was talking with my mom and she had to let me go as I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. We took a few more runs then left.

Saturday was the only day of the week I didn't go to the gym. Instead I stayed home to "rest", which actually involved a massive kitchen cleanup and rearrangement. Cleaning out the drawers is next on my simplifying list for the kitchen. Last weekend I went through all the bags of rice and beans, put them into half gallon jars and put them up in the cupboard. I also cleaned out the cupboard of all expired foods and stuff we don't use. It took half of Saturday.

Alex went to the Y with the girls, he worked out then took the girls to something called Family Fun Time. They set up bouncy houses and other play zones for kids and tables and chairs for parents. The girlies said much fun was had!

Before they even got home my friend called to see if I wanted to get coffee with her at the local bakery, The Black Cat. It is so delicioua, I was thrilled to have some time to visit with a friend. I ordered a slice of veggie quiche and a double chocolate macadamia nut espresso cookie! The quiche was very filling and I only ate a bite of the cookie. Although before the hike on Sunday I did finish it off. YUM!!!

What did you do this weekend? Anything out of the ordinary, fun or otherwise pleasure filled?

No comments:

Post a Comment